Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lasts....and Firsts: )

Well yesterday was my last birthday as Kelly Williams...Next year, I will be Kelly Williams FAUSCETT!! Seems strange to think about the fact that so much will have changed by then, and its only a year away! This got me to thinking about all the "lasts " I will be experiencing, a lot sooner than even I could imagine. Like my last night in my house on Callaway Cr in Valdosta, the town I have called home for almost 8 yrs, my last dinner with Mindy at Ichiban (our favorite place to eat), my last night leading the Youth Group at the Winner's Church (that will be tough),Last time people will refer to the three amigos (me, Kate, and Mindy) as "the girls"(cause I will be an old married lady LOL!), my last day of work at Positive Solutions, the last dinner date with Jenny and Jessica (at least in Nashville Ga...there will be some in Nashville TN no doubt, right ladies?), my last night spent in my parents home as a single woman, last day of chasing Ozzie down blue pool only to find him safe and sound... again.... in my neighbor's yard (my little Houdini), last time Pastor Billy will have to "come armed" to chase away strangers from my house, last time I will say "my Fiance" (cause he will be my hubby!!)....and so many more that I won't even list cause I'm already crying! But the good thing about lasts is that they are always followed by "firsts!! "YAY!! Like, being Nathan's wife (a first and last all in one, LOL), My very own wedding, hearing " You may kiss the Bride" and I'm "The Bride", Our first dance as man and wife, looking for our new home together....and being first time home owners, Learning a new city (inside and out, which I'm sure will be more difficult than learning Valdosta, No doubt), coming home to my Hubby for the first time, signing Kelly Fauscett, Our first Christmas as a married couple, Having our first child (think WAAAAAY in the future people :) ), Our first family vacation....and soooo many more that haven't even occurred to me yet! So if you are like me and the lasts seem to get you down, focus on the firsts, that make "life happen", and then you realize you wouldn't trade a single first for a single last!






10 comments:

TamTam said...

Oh Kelly how sweet and touching. It may be bittersweet right now but what an amazing life the Lord has planned for the two of you. I know that you will be great as you move on to this new chapter of your life. You are a great woman of God with such a lovely heart. I am truly blessed to know you and so happy for you both! Love ya!
Tammy

Kelly & Nathan said...

You are so right Tammy, I can't even imagine what God has in store for us!! It is sooo exciting! We love you too!

Lisa said...

Aww what a touching post. Seriously, this really got me thinking. Things, everything, will change in your life, but it will be fun and exciting and all of those colorful adjectives. I wish the best of everything for you and Nathan and I hope you have many, many wonderful days together. You make a great couple. Love you both to pieces.

Unknown said...

Girl, that was a good one! I cried, too. And, you are so right. There will be so many great things that you haven't even thought of yet. And I agree with our friend Tammy.....God has brought the two of you together for a great purpose. And don't forget, both of you are already doing great things. How awesome it will be when the two of you become one. I am so happy to be sharing this and I can't wait to see the beautiful bride you're going to be. Just can't wait! Keep up the good work here on the blog. I enjoy it a lot. I love you both!
Gina

Kelly & Nathan said...

awww...Thanks Gina Lisa! We are so blessed to have such wonderful people in out lives!

Kelly & Nathan said...

..in our lives : )...hee hee sorry!

Debs said...

Hey, way to early for this kind of talk. I don't like mushie! On the other hand here is a first......Kevin and Deborah with alittle cash in their pockets for a change!

Kelly & Nathan said...

yeah Mom...that will be nice huh?! Love you : )

Pastor Shelisa Hull said...

Awww....ok I teared up, but this is SO WELL WRITTEN!! I can't wait to see what "firsts" God has in store for you and Nathan!

Kelly & Nathan said...

Thanks Shelisa! The firsts will be wonderful no doubt!!